Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cupcake Party

We celebrated Madeylnn's first birthday this past weekend - it was a lot of fun and we were very happy to be surrounded by all of our friends and family. Mady's party had a cupcake theme and thanks to a friend on the RB board it turned out perfect!

I LOVED the invite!!

The birthday girl posing with Mommy.
The Happy Birthday banner I made :)
A close up of the cupcake display.
The cupcake toppers were designed by my friend as well.
Originally I was going to try and make the giant cupcake -
luckily Consentino's downtown did a better job than I could!!
We used the monthly monkey pictures as centerpiece decor.
They turned out adorable and I have lots of
requests for copies of the pictures!
"Aunt" Ivy decorated her high chair!
Mady really enjoyed opening her presents.
This book was lots of fun and makes very loud noises :)
After awhile though she started to get a little bored so we moved on to more important things.....
Birthday cake!
Mady wasn't too interested in diving into her cake so her Daddy decorated her face with icing.
All in all it was a great day - we had a lot of fun - ate way too much food - and Mady was once again spoiled by her friends and family. One of the funniest moments of the day was when my niece Ava decided to go "shopping" in Mady's gift pile. She wasn't too happy when she found out all of those toys were for someone else.

To all of you who came and celebrated with us and to everyone who sent birthday wishes from afar - we want to thank you for making our little girl's day so special!!

1 comment:

Kirs said...

I tried to comment the other day but apparently it didn't take.

Happy 1st Birthday Mady!

I love the theme - so so cute!!

Is the chair you have from Pottery Barn Kids? I am tempted to get that one for Nina in purple but I can't decide.

Hope all is well.

Kirsten / Justme1004 from Xanga